Carter Murray is looking for a Conservator Senior Specialist (Objects) for a giga-project in the tourism and entertainment industry.
The ideal candidate will implement strategy, policies and procedures related to the conservation and preservation of the organisation collections and exhibitions. The role will focus on the conservation of inorganic, organic and composite objects within the organisation collections.
The position is based in Saudi Arabia.
- Produce Condition Reports and Treatment proposals on objects and groups of objects to assess their condition and mitigate any identified deterioration.
- Undertake preventive and remedial processes to ensure the stability of inorganic, organic and composite objects.
- Develop and implement conservation work programs in conjunction with direct manager.
- Design, implement, maintain and review training materials for conservation of objects and deliver training for staff in order to enhance the staff skills in conservation techniques and practices.
- Build and maintain partnerships with relevant external stakeholders to keep updated with the latest and most advance conservation techniques and practices.
- Maintain full conservation records by documenting the condition of objects, including any previous restoration work and outline treatment methods and materials in detail
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects concerning the care, maintenance, preventive conservation or restoration of the collections, and recommend appropriate storage and display conditions.
- Provide conservation support for exhibitions and installations
- Undertake collections level conservation surveys of collections
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Art Conservation or equivalent (Master's Degree Preferred)
- 5 years of relevant practical experience
- Written and oral proficiency of English language.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.